Challenges and Opportunities for Design Research, Education and Practice in the XXI Century.
LeNS Conference, Bangalore, 29th September to 1st October 2010
The Sustainability in Design: Now! Conference is a platform for sharing the latest knowledge and experiences in product, service and system design, to promote sustainable systems thinking in design education, research and practice communities. The conference approach is to look at various stakeholders in this arena - designers, design educators and design researchers - as a unique learning community. The objective is the creation of a new ethos, within such a community, enabling all possible synergies and fruitful processes of knowledge and know-how osmosis and cross-fertilisation.
This conference is promoted and organized as the conclusive event of the LeNS project, funded by EU under the Asia-Link program, that aims at the development and diffusion of design for sustainability in design institutions.
The conference is for free and proceedings will be published (with ISBN); best paper will be published in the International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education (IJSHE) and in the Journal of Design Research.
The Asia Link Programme, Europe Aid involves the following 7 design schools in Europe and Asia:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi, India
- King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Bangkok, Thailand
- Politecnico di Milano, INDACO Department, Milan, Italy (Co-ordinator)
- Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore, India
- Tsinghua University, Academy of Arts & Design, Beijing, China
- Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Aalto University, School of Art and Design, Department of Design,Helsinki, Finland